As you know, we have been exploring all options to ensure that the CrowdSurf Work experience is the best it possibly can be.
We are excited to announce that we will be partnering with Work Market, a cloud-based Freelance Management System to continue hiring and paying all of our wonderful CrowdSurfers who currently work on Mturk.
Keep reading for...
- An Introduction to Work Market
- How to Get Started on CrowdSurfWork via Work Market
- Frequently Asked Questions
What you need to know:
We plan to make Work Market our primary payment platform, but we will continue to offer work through Mturk and Upwork, at approximately 10% lower rates than what is currently offered on Mturk and what will continue to be offered on Work Market.
Some benefits of Work Market:
- Easy Account Creation
- Reliable and user-friendly website
- Several Payment Disbursement options
- More customizable user-experience on the CSW platform
We will use Work Market as a new hiring platform (similar to Mturk), and our transcription and editing tasks will be available on our private CrowdSurfWork platform.
This means that all work will be completed on CrowdSurfWork, and Work Market will be simply a payment mechanism for your CrowdSurf tasks.
Here's how you get started:
1) The Recruitment Email: We will send a recruitment campaign to invite you to Work Market. Do not make your own account on Work Market until you receive the campaign. This campaign will ensure that you're in the correct level, so please wait for the invitation.
2) Work Market Setup: Once you receive the recruitment message, go ahead and make your account on Work Market. Be sure to verify your email and please set your industry as "Writing and Translation".
Remember: Set your preferred notification settings (uncheck all of the boxes so you don't get spammed by other requesters) and set up your tax/ banking information for later. Please research and choose the payment method that best fits your needs.
3) Wait for Login Instructions: Once everyone has created their Work Market accounts, we will create your new CrowdSurfWork accounts and send you an email with CrowdSurfWork platform login instructions. Please wait to receive our email, it may take up to 3-7 days.
4) Move to CrowdSurfWork: Once you receive your CrowdSurfWork instructions, please move all of your CrowdSurf activity to the CrowdSurfWork platform and Work Market payments. Please note that bonuses will not be combined across both platforms and rollover will not be moved over to Work Market. Start as soon as possible on Work Market to avoid bonus disruption.
5) Receive Payments via Work Market: While you're using Work Market, you will log in to the CrowdSurfWork platform to complete all work and track all work history, payments, and feedback. No action will be required on Work Market except receiving funds and withdrawing funds from your Work Market account.
Thank you for helping us realize the new phase of CrowdSurf work, for the crowd, by the crowd. Please stand by for your Work Market recruitment email.
If you have further questions, please see the FAQ below!
Your CrowdSurf Support Team